Does your hair need a little TLC? We get it! With heat styling, colour treatments, and exposure to the elements, we can sometimes put a lot of stress on our hair. A hair treatment mask can be your saviour, helping restore your hair's hydration, elasticity, and shine. Often formulated with nutrient-rich oils and proteins, hair masks are designed to give your hair a concentrated boost of nourishment.
What are the benefits of a hair mask?
The benefits of a hair mask will depend on its’ ingredients and your hair type, but in general, hair masks aim to help you to:
- Reverse the damaging effects of heat styling
- Give your hair a boost of hydration and moisture
- Strengthen hair
- Prevent future hair breakage
- Reduce frizz
- Increase shine for a healthier, softer look
- Increased overall hair manageability
HOW SHOULD I USE A HAIR MASK?
For optimal results, hair treatment masks should be integrated into your haircare routine roughly once every week.
- Shampoo your hair, then rinse
- Instead of opting for a regular conditioner, swap for a Treatment Mask
- Start with a dollop of the treatment mask in your hand and distribute evenly from mid-lengths to ends. If you are struggling to distribute the mask throughout your hair, you may find it more comfortable to apply in sections.
- Leave the treatment in for 3 to 5 minutes
- Rinse out
- Dry and style your hair normally
CAN I USE CONDITIONER & A TREATMENT MASK DURING THE SAME WASH?
When using a treatment mask, you should skip your normal conditioner step. The reason why is because when you’re washing your hair, you open up your hair’s cuticles. When applying conditioner, you’re resealing the cuticles, which will trap in moisture and nutrients from the conditioner. If you were to apply a hair mask throughout already conditioned hair, it will have no impact since the cuticle has already been sealed.
CAN I USE HAIR MASK ON KERATIN OR COLOR-TREATED HAIR?
We can’t speak for all brands, but DESIGNME’s GLOSS.ME Hydrating Treatment Mask is safe for all hair types including colour-treated and keratin-treated hair!
until next time...
We hope this latest entry helped you better understand how to incorporate Hair Treatment masks into your haircare routine. Your next stop: strong, healthy hair!
The DESIGNME Team